When to visit
The park is open from –1st October through June. While temperatures rise during May and June, it is an excellent time for animal sightings due to fewer water sources and a decline in visitors. The park is closed during monsoon season from June to First October. However, the Hotel Ranthambhore Paradise is open all year and makes a lovely and restful retreat.
We suggest a stay of four to five days for an optimal number of safari trips to the park and an opportunity to enjoy the restful ambiance and amenities of the Hotel.
Situated amidst the landscape greenery against backdrop of river Banas & stroke of blue skyline beyond, attached to Kela Devi Sanctuary. 35 kms (45 minutes) drive through villages, river Banas is a bird watcher’s paradise, Rajasthani dinner with bonfire make the trip exclusive.
Balas Camp 10 kms. from city additional trip or substitute to safari offers rugged hill side, marvelous scenery, wild life birds, best habitat for Leopard, Honey Buzzard, Indian Coarser, Hyena & so many.
Gilai Sagar and Mansarovar Lake
Two major water sources outside the reserve that attracts thousands of migratory birds of various spices during winters, is an enormous feeling forever.
Visit Devpura Village
Devpura village 20 kms. from hotel is a Black Buck & Indian Gazelle (Chinkara) major attraction & usual sighting of Antelope, Indian Fox, Jackal, Mongoose & variety of reptiles.
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Camels / Elephants Safari
Tips for your visit
To prepare for your trip and safari, we suggest packing:
- Camera (with extra batteries)
- Insect repellant
- Small water bottle
- Field guide to mammals and birds of India
- Journal for recording your sightings
- Multi-compartment shoulder bag to hold some of the above items.
- Early morning safari drives can be quite chilly. Wear lots of layers, a heavy sweater, jacket and wear sturdy shoes. Bring a scarf, woolen hat and gloves.
- Don’t forget to bring your sense of adventure and patience. Tigers have their own time schedules!